With this app you can read on your Gear notifications you receive on your mobile and also reply to many of them, with predefined answers, with a keyboard or by voice answers.
By default are including many of the messaging Apps and Gmail, but is you can configure it at settings.
If you want to include other notifications, you must activate it so that every time you get a new one, it ask you. If you change your mind then you can change the allowed or denied Apps in the Notifications menu option.
You can select between using predefined messages or a default keyboard in order to reply some notifications like whatsapp, gmail and hangouts. In case you want to add your own predefined messages you have to edit the file you will find at your sdcard root called: GearOptions.txt
Select some notifications for this App and other for Samsung Gear Manager, but don't select the same notification in both Apps because you will receive duplicate notifications and will find some conflicts.
If you have a Gear S2 or Gear S3 we advice you to set the "Full" template at App Settings in order to see the photo contact picture below message.
At Gear Manager, select Notifications and select only the Apps you want to receive at default Gear Notifications App and this one as well. Don't select the same Apps in both Apps to avoid duplicates.
If you don't receive notifications, check these:
- This App is allowed to read your notifications in Settings / Security / Notifications access
- This App is checked in Gear Manager / Notifications
- Reboot both devices
- Check that at Gear Manager / Notifications you don't have the option "Do not show notifications if the device is in use" enabled.
If the App stop working again and again, try this:
- If the App doesn't work at all or it doesn't work anymore, use this new App Notifications for Smartwatches. Follow these instructions inder the new App was free for you:
- Let this App installed but disable that can read your notifications
- Install the new App and configure it
- Remember to let the original App installed, other way you will have to buy the new license
Why sometimes I can and sometimes I can not reply?
Generally the App will show you reply options, but not always, depending on the App that send the notification. The App is always storing new contacts but lose them each time the phone is rebooted or the App is updated.
Send new WhatsApp or Telegram Messages. How to do it?
Since 1.5.0 version the App supports sending new WhatsApp messages to new contacts.
All the WhatsApp messages that you receive will have a new option to send "New WhatsApp Message" or "New Telegram Message". When you tap it, the App will send you a new notification with a button. If you tap the button, you will see the Stored Contact List. Select the Contact and you will receive a new notification that you can Reply in order to send the real message to you contact. The Contact List is affected by the same that you can read at the previous paragraph.
It sounds difficult, but only first time.
Since last Hangouts update, You must install Android Wear App in your mobile in order to get reply options in this App.
This App in only installed in your mobile, not in your Gear S